One of the Alternativa-M business security holding guard units started using Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) for guarding and video monitoring large objects perimeters and adjacent territories from the air as well as for fast flight to a selected point for the collection of information.
The first drone was assembled by the Alternativa-M technical unit according the classical pattern of quadcopter on the Spidex v2 frame from Quaternium. The system consists of a flight controller DJI Naza v2 with GPS and OSD modules and a power plant of 4 brushless motor RCTimer 2836, 1120KV.
Its technical characteristics are as follows:
- total weight together with accumulators and cameras - 1,9 kg;
- maximum flying speed - 67 km/h;
- battery charging time - 20 minutes;
- preflight checking procedure - 1 minute;
- flying range - not more than 6000 meters;
- maximum flight time - up to 20 minutes.
At the present time a second generation drone equipped with a night vision system is being developed for use in bad weather conditions (rain, snow, fog). Later on in case of necessity it may be additionally fitted with a gas analyzer and dosimeter (the Geiger counter).